Post Title: Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist
Project: Strengthening Somali Governance (SSG)
The Strengthening Somali Governance (SSG) Project seeks a Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist to oversee the capacity development of Somalia’s deliberative bodies and to improve their legislative, oversight, and representational functions to better serve Somali citizens. These deliberative bodies include Somalia’s National Parliament, regional assemblies, and local deliberative bodies, with support aimed to strengthen policymaking capacity, leadership skills, and management knowledge. The Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist will be supported by the legislative strengthening, capacity building, and budget/finance specialists. The Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist will be responsible for the day to day management of activities to achieve relevant key results at the national and local levels, and will be supervised by the Chief of Party.
The Strengthening Somali Governance (SSG) project is a three year program supporting the development of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), and state and local administrations to enable them to be more effective and accountable government institutions. SSG seeks to accomplish this goal by improving the ability of targeted government institutions to carry out essential functions and increasing citizen awareness of, and engagement in, government decision-making.
Minimum 5 years of experience overseeing legislative processes at the national and regional levels and/or policymakers and/or civil servants in transitional, nascent, or weak government institutions.
BA/BS degree or higher in a relevant field.
Somali language and English fluency.
The location of this assignment is Mogadishu, Somalia with intermittent travel throughout the program’s regional offices in Somaliland and Puntland as required.
Please contact the Somalia SSG team by November 27th at email@example.com
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment