Somali Aid is not just an NGO or a non-profit organization. It is a politically non-partisan organization which transcends the regional and belief barriers, and aims to serve every individual regardless of their origin. The goal is to build a platform that will enable the people to realize the potential of an organized community-based system where people not only contribute their financial resources but their human capital and ideas as well. Somali Aid has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since 2010, currently the organization is conducting wide range of a programs and it is main focus is WASH, Nutrition, Health, food security and livelihood and protection. Somali Aid is looking for suitable candidates for various positions for its planned health program in Kismayo, Lower Juba region.
1.0 Position Title: Qualified Midwife (4 positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ø Give the required related care while respecting medical prescriptions and protocols that apply in the service.
- Ø Ensure admission of patient and follow up of labor.
- Ø Direct normal delivery, new-born care (including caesarean section).
- Ø Carry out prolonged deliveries in collaboration with the supervisor
- Ø Ensure the follow up of the new-borns and the mothers in the maternity ward.
- Ø Prepare the discharge of mothers and their babies.
- Ø Teach women and families about danger signs in pregnancy, labour and delivery, postpartum and the newborn.
- Ø Help women and families make birth plans
- Ø Promote access to and use of skilled attendants for delivery care
- Ø Monitor foetal condition during labour by listening to the foetal heart rate and by observing the colour of the amniotic fluid, and act when there is a problem
- Degree of midwifery from a recognized university.
- Relevant further qualifications midwife training other relevant experience.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure.
- Good command of English written and spoken
Skills and Work Experience
- 3 Years of Midwifery from recognized hospital experience
- ANC\PAN consultation experience
- Ability to diagnose and proper treatments of suitable medication.
|Location Raskamboni – Badhadhe District||Kudhaa – Badhadhe District|
Please send your CV with 3 previous job references and Academic qualifications to:email@example.com cc:Ibrahim.firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com . Deadline: 25th November 2015 Kindly mention the position on the subject line of the email or hand deliver to Somali Aid Kismayo office. Candidates with working experience with INGO in Somalia will be preferred. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment