Somali Aid is not just an NGO or a non-profit organization. It is a politically non-partisan organization which transcends the regional and belief barriers, and aims to serve every individual regardless of their origin. The goal is to build a platform that will enable the people to realize the potential of an organized community-based system where people not only contribute their financial resources but their human capital and ideas as well. Somali Aid has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since 2010, currently the organization is conducting wide range of a programs and it is main focus is WASH, Nutrition, Health, food security and livelihood and protection. Somali Aid is looking for suitable candidates for various positions for its planned health program in Kismayo, Lower Juba region.
1.0 Position Title: Qualified Nurse (4 positions)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ø Ensure high quality and continuous patient based care in line with universal hygiene standards and protocols
Ø Manage, train and motivate the OR team (nurse assistants and cleaners)
Ø participate actively in monitoring and reporting, ensuring the documentation and transfer of information as necessary assess and document the condition of patients presenting and provide treatment, nursing care, referral and information as appropriate
Ø Ensure correct admission, documentation and vaccination of the patient and that he/she has necessary materials and information
Ø Ensure high quality nursing care in line with the prescription, monitoring and analysing vital signs and informing the relevant supervisor in case of any problems.
Ø General documentation in observation room; document observations, changes in a patient’s condition, medical treatment given; reports daily activities, admissions defaulters and deaths etc
Ø General administration/ organization in observation room: dispose of waste according to system in place; ensure proper hygiene; follow up and document lab tests etc
Ø Inform patient about his/her condition, treatment and future prevention; ensure correct documentation and referral documents if necessary.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENT
Ø Nurse degree/diploma from recognized Institute.
Ø Rigor, flexibility, ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural people, open-minded, good communication skills, ability to liste
Ø English speaking and writing is an advantage
Ø Previous working experience in OPD-MCH
|Location Raskamboni – Badhadhe District||Kudhaa – Badhadhe District|
Please send your CV with 3 previous job references and Academic qualifications to:firstname.lastname@example.org, cc:Ibrahim.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline: 25th November 2015 Kindly mention the position on the subject line of the email or hand deliver to Somali Aid Kismayo office. Candidates with working experience with INGO in Somalia will be preferred. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Githinji investment, Chamber Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- +254 722 252302
- +252 907793194
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 21 Nov 2015Consultant for undertaking the Local Labour Market Survey 1 Comment
- 22 Nov 2015Consultancy for the training on Conflict Mediation and Resolution for districts, villages and the Gurti in Bakool Region 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment