Job Title: Technical Officer(s), MOIFA, Somalia
Job Category: Expert
Reporting Line: Primary Reporting Line: DG/PS:
Secondary Reporting Line: UNDP State Formation Project Team Leader/Project Officer
Duration: 3 months (Renewable subject to performance & funding)
Position Type: Capacity Injection
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Ministry of Interior and Federal Affairs is looking for the services of Federal Desk Officers for the federal member states to support the ministry to implement programmes in line with the Ministry’s objectives:
- To support the state formation processes
- Technical and material support to State Ministries of Interior
- Capacity Building: vastly improve the Government’s capacity to respond to the needs of its people by improving service delivery
- Building trust and consensus between the States and Federal Government; and
- Information sharing and standardization of the States.
In this context, the Ministry of Interior and Federal Affairs wishes to recruit Technical Officers to serve as the Ministry’s” Federal Desk Member” to the member states. He/she will work under the direct supervision of the ministry’s State Formation Director and Special Programme DG.
The role of the Technical Officer(s) is to be mainly provide guidance and support to IRAs on project activities, technical issues and administrative procedures. The specific tasks that the adviser will undertake include:
- Plan and coordinate State Formation and Building activities with IRAs
- Prepare agreements, work plans, procurement plans and budgets for MOIFA/IRAs
- Monitor progress and advise on timely corrective actions to ensure optimal project delivery in all target areas
- Prepare and review financial reports before submission to counterparts to ensure the transparent and accountable use of funds provided in the framework of the agreed agreements
- Coordinate preparation and consolidation of project reports
· Support consultation processes to build ground for leadership trainings including women and youth
· Support Ministries of Interior of States to develop strategies to enhance civic engagement and public outreach
· Liaise and coordinate with relevant line ministries and institutions on state formation and state building
· Work closely with Ministries of Interiors (MoI) of the member States and keep apprise on day to day developments of the member states
· Collate best practice and experiences and integrate them into project implementation
· Report on progress, lessons learned and advise on the way forward
· Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisors.
The incumbent should:-
- Establish reporting mechanisms for FGS/IRAs
- Develop implementation plan, in coordination with relevant ministries/counterparts.
- Support the ministry to conduct related research and surveys in the area to facilitate planning.
- Develop capacity of the IRAs secretariat staffs .
- Provide an inception report, weekly, monthly progress reports and a final report. The inception report should cover the strategy and methodology of the officer to reach the objectives of the assignment. The progress reports are intended to monitor the progress of the strategy and methodology drawn in the inception phase.
- The inception report should be submitted not later than 15 working days after commencing the assignment
- The progress reports should be submitted on a monthly basis and this will be linked to the disbursement of the consultancy fees.
- The Final report should be submitted no than 30 days after end of assignment.
University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration Development Management or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the area of finance, administration and project /operations management in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting.
- Thorough knowledge of governance and public administration issues required.
- Understanding of the current economic, social and political dynamics of FGS/IRAs is desirable.
Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesize and clearly present complex processes and issues to service the information needs of diverse audiences;
- Ability to conduct results-based management and reporting
- Basic Gender Development Knowledge
- Results orientation and commitment to producing high-quality products;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Ability to analyse the situation regarding gender and facilitate gender sensitivity activities
- Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills;
- Strong IT skills. Encourages the use of new technologies and strives for high standard of professional work;
- Strong inter-personal skills: Ability to motivate and inter-act with colleagues at all levels within the FGS/IRAs as well as with inter-agency partners.
Submit your CV/Resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying to email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th November 2015 indicating “Desk Officers” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Githinji investment, Chamber Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- +254 722 252302
- +252 907793194
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 21 Nov 2015Consultant for undertaking the Local Labour Market Survey 1 Comment
- 22 Nov 2015Consultancy for the training on Conflict Mediation and Resolution for districts, villages and the Gurti in Bakool Region 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment