Position: Vocational training center manager
Job site: Baidoa and Jowhar
Report to: Education and child protection project manager
Duration: until 30th of November 2016
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with email heading “Vocational training center Manager or direct submission to INTERSOS Jowhar or Baidoa office by COB Monday 20th November 2015.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people affected by natural disasters and conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. In Somalia INTERSOS is active since 1992 responding to emergencies that involve IDPs and returnees populations as well as the host community. INTERSOS currently operates in Banadir, Bay, and Middle Shabelle and Mudug regions of Somalia.
INTERSOS is Provide alternative schooling system through participatory vocational business skills training and work experience placement focusing on midwifery, nursing teaching, social work and business in Baidoa and Jowhar.
INTERSOS is urgently looking for a VTC center Manager- 1-Jowhar and 1 Baidoa who will be responsible for conducting both class-room and on-the-job trainings at a range of health facilities, as well as contributing to the development of improved treatment protocols, referral pathways, and best practices.
1. Protect children from maltreatment including but not limited to traffickers; staff or other children attending the VTC; journalists or others who may violate their right to privacy by revealing their names or other personal details publicly; and members of the public, who attack, criticize or discriminate against children because of stigma and blame attached to CAAC children and the activities in which they may have engaged.
2. Field supervision and administration of the Baidoa and Jowhar VTC
Coordinate and supervise the day to day activities at the VTC, and report on progress and performance in terms of literacy / courses and course materials.
Together with the field coordinator, identify vocational training sites.
Ensure implementation of age appropriate, demand-driven and effective vocational training curriculums including evaluation of the course implementation from admission to completion on a regular basis;
Manage and monitor the training personnel in the centre; and ensure the internal guidelines on for working with children are followed, including INTERSOS policies and procedures; including adhering to data protection protocols.
Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the Field Coordinator and Project Manager; update weekly and monthly work plans and reports, including reviewing results-based performance against targets;
a. Including participating in preparation of students assessment test
b. Planning of course syllabus timeframe
Together with PM and base admin control inventory and stock, plan purchasing of new materials for training and start-up, recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the centre;
Working with the Project Manager & Field Coordinator to plan the use of human resources. Assist in recruitment and placement of trainers; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities;
Identify and advocate on key child protection concerns related to UASC with local authorities, UN and other stakeholders, as agreed with the CP/IDTR PM;
Ensure a safe environment for the children in our care based on INTERSOS child protection policy;
Ensure health and safety procedures are implemented effectively.
3. Project management support and coordination
With the base manager facilitate effective coordination, communication between the project team, business community, other NGOs, UN agencies and local authorities;
Conduct market assessment /survey in collaboration with ILO in to evaluate the courses offered market demand for respective skills
Coordinate with existing health centres and hospitals for trainee orientation and training.
Map out existing business opportunities, identify key actors and hold different awareness events in the VTC to sensitize and mobilize potential employers to offer opportunities to the course graduates and liaise with them to establish strong working relationships with the in order to facilitate job-placement and apprenticeships after center-based training is completed;
Any other duties assigned by the CAAC Field Coordinator and CAAC Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Diploma in nursing/midwifery and equivalent, and experience in operating vocational training programmes.
Demonstrated management, coordination and leadership skills with collaborative management style;
Demonstrated commitment to child protection and social justice;
Good computer skills and proficient in Excel and Word;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written (English and Somali);
Budget development, procurement and stick-management oversight experience;
A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
Knowledge of Somali Labour Standards.
Priorities, delegates responsibilities effectively and meets required deadlines;
This position requires work outside the office environment, and non-standard/flexible working hours.
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 21 Nov 2015Consultant for undertaking the Local Labour Market Survey 1 Comment
- 22 Nov 2015Consultancy for the training on Conflict Mediation and Resolution for districts, villages and the Gurti in Bakool Region 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment