Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia. It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
The AAH Kenya, Kakuma Refugee Assistance Programme (KRAP) aims to enhance self-reliance and sustainable livelihoods of 4,080 refugees in Kakuma Camp, Turkana County, through development of models that will address resilience, safety net and consumption; skills enhancement, employment opportunities and enterprise development. AAH-Kenya is looking for suitable candidates to fill the
following positions to be based in Kakuma refugee camp:
#1 AGRICULTURE PROJECT OFFICER
The role of the Agriculture Project Officer is to build the capacity of AAHI livelihood project staff by providing agricultural technical advice including relationship building, partnership and regular monitoring and evaluation.
S/h will be responsible of ensuring that the approaches used during implementation are accurate and effective, conforming to the global best practice while staying relevant to the context of the project.
- Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agro-Enterprise, Rural Development, or a closely related field.
- Three years previous work experience and understanding of the program development cycle and design.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
#2 COMMUNITY MOBILISER
The Community Mobiliser will be responsible for supporting livelihood programming – to facilitate a broad based participation of the PoCs and host community in Kakuma Refugee Camp and the Kalobeyei Settlement Site to promote livelihood activities. Key activities will involve the coordination of community mobilisation in the refugee camp and the Kalobeyei Settlement Site. S/he will be tasked with managing and coordinating the PoC and host community participation livelihood activities in the refugee camp and Kalobeyei Settlement Site, within the framework of the UNHCR Livelihood Resilience program being implemented by AAH Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development or relevant tertiary qualification in social and community studies;
- Experience in community mobilization and ability to promote empowering and developmental models in community work;
- Previous UNHCR field experience is desirable.
#3 BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The role is responsible for supporting innovative livelihoods initiatives to facilitate a broad based entrepreneurial mind-set and a new set of business development ideas among the PoCs in Kakuma Refugee Camp. The business development officer will provide administrative and technical support to the overall institutional business plan and support individuals and business groups in the camp
- Bachelor’s degree in Microfinance/Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in cooperative and Economic Development studies;
- Ability to promote empowering and developmental models in community work;
- At least 3 years’ work experience especially in formulating funding applications.
#4 FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Working in close coordination with the Country finance, the role will be responsible for all operational finance and administration responsibilities of the project. S/he will support in the development and analysis of budgets, prepare periodic reports and enforce compliance of the project’s financial policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Business Administration.
- Certified or Chartered Public Accountant with valid professional membership.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in an INGO.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com Shortlisting and interviews will be done on a rolling basis. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Deadline: 31 December 2015. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment