Waxbarashadu Waa Iftiin III (Education is Light III) project is a $7.2 Million EU funded project that would last three years From from November 2018 to November 2021. This project will be implemented by a consortium partners comprising of CARE Somalia as a lead agency, Save the Children and Puntland’s Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE). CARE Somalia and SCI will have a close coordination, support and guidance from the MoEHE in implementing the activities of the project. The phase 3 of ‘Education is Light’ project consolidates and expands the gains achieved through ‘Education is light II’ and has been formulated based on extensive dialogue between MoEHE, consortium partners and European Union (EU).
The objective was set together with EU and contributes to overarching EU strategy in which strengthened education plays a vital role in poverty alleviation, peace and security. This will be achieved through a strategic, sector wide program that holistically addresses the key constraints that face Puntland learners in increasing quality educational services. The project will support key sectors including Primary education, alternative Basic Education (ABE), secondary education, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), teacher training, and capacity building for MoEHE.
The launching of ‘Education is Light III’ project was held on 20Th March 2019 at PDRC, Garowe. It was attended by His Excellency, Hon. Said Abdullahi Deni; President of Puntland State of Somalia, cabinet ministers, Members of Puntland Parliament, EU Somalia Delegation, representatives from CARE Somalia, Save the Children International (SCI), University of Amsterdam (VU), officials from Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) and other distinguished guests.
President of Puntland State of Somalia officiated the launching of the project and delivered his keynote address. Remarks were given by officials from MoEHE, EU Somalia delegation and CARE Somalia. The session was concluded with signing the agreement by MoEHE and consortium partners, witnessed by the president of Puntland, H.E. Hon. Said Abdullahi Deni, and EU Somalia chargé d’affaires, Mr. Fulgencio Garrido Ruiz.
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment