Somali Aid is not just an NGO or a non-profit organization. It is a politically non-partisan organization which transcends the regional and belief barriers, and aims to serve every individual regardless of their origin. The goal is to build a platform that will enable the people to realize the potential of an organized community-based system where people not only contribute their financial resources but their human capital and ideas as well. Somali Aid has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since 2010, currently the organization is conducting wide range of a programs and it is main focus is WASH, Nutrition, Health, food security and livelihood and protection. Somali Aid is looking for suitable candidates for various positions for its planned health program in Kismayo, Lower Juba region.
1.0 Position Title: Auxiliary Nurse (4 Positions)
Duties and responsibilities
Assist nurses during consultations.
Conduct duties like dressing of wounds and helping the midwives during delivery.
Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition. .
Prioritize health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
Deliver opportunistic health promotion using opportunities such as new patient-medicals.
Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side effects and interactions
Assess and care for patients with present with uncomplicated wounds.
Implement and participate in vaccination and immunization programs for both adults and children.
Carry out additional duties as may be required
Diploma in provision of basic nursing services from a recognized institution.
Relevant regular trainings from a credible health organization.
Minimum of two years of relevant experience in a health program set up.
A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity.
Knowledge of local Somali language
Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organization, in particular working in primary health care programs and conducting nursing.
Strong counseling skills.
Good organizational skills.
Competent to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
Raskamboni – Badhadhe District
Kudhaa – Badhadhe District 3 1
Please send your CV with 3 previous job references and Academic qualifications to email@example.com, cc: Ibrahim.firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com . Deadline: 25th November 2015. Kindly mention the position on the subject line of the email or hand deliver to Somali Aid Kismayo office. Candidates with working experience with INGO in Somalia will be preferred. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Githinji investment, Chamber Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- +254 722 252302
- +252 907793194
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 21 Nov 2015Consultant for undertaking the Local Labour Market Survey 1 Comment
- 22 Nov 2015Consultancy for the training on Conflict Mediation and Resolution for districts, villages and the Gurti in Bakool Region 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment