Position :Humanitarian Liaison Officer
Place of Performance: Mogadishu
Contract Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: ASAP
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG Global is a managed service company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations and corporates that enables public and private sectors to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Ministry of Interior and Federalism in the Federal Government of Somalia remains the focal point on humanitarian issues and it is the line ministry which liaises with the client. The Humanitarian Liaison Officer reports to the Director of Humanitarian Affairs in the ministry and (s) he is the link between FGS and the humanitarian community through the client.
Scope of work/expected output
- § Develop and implement proper strategies which will be suitable with local contexts
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies aimed at building the capacity of local authorities and communities to better respond to humanitarian crisis.
- o Assist in the development of appropriate strategies to improve the application of humanitarian principles and develop ground rules for humanitarian interventions.
- § Develop and maintain coordination and cooperation mechanisms among stakeholders
- Support the coordination of humanitarian interventions through developing routine information and idea exchange with local and international aid actors, and participating in and facilitating joint field assessments, evaluations and routine monitoring mechanisms
- Support, in collaboration with humanitarian agencies, NGOs and other local partners, the review and monitoring of the 2015-2016 Humanitarian Response Plan in the relevant area of operation.
- Seek ways to improve the participation of local actors in the relevant area of operation, including authorities, beneficiaries, and civil society, in the planning and implementation of aid activities.
Monitoring and Progress controls
The Humanitarian Coordinator through the client’s Head of Office will monitor the work/performance
- Play a role in supporting the Humanitarian Coordinator in liaising with local authorities at various levels and in all Somali ministries.
- Support Humanitarian Coordinator and OCHA office as required in liaising with governmental and authorities in establishing and strengthening relationships between officials and OCHA as necessary.
- Improve working relationships, ensuring appropriate and timely communications are disseminated to government and civil society counterparts.
- Monthly basis
- Master’s Degree
- A first level university degree combined with 7 years of experience in a relevant or a related field may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in complex emergency and inter-agency contexts, dealing with relief and transitional issues.
- Knowledge/working experience with the client is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of social science, development, humanitarian relief issues, law or journalism is desirable.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of e-mail and MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
Level 1.2: preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating humanitarian’s priorities
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts with a variety of stakeholders to promote a better understanding of Humanitarian Coordinator‘s development agenda and to support advocacy efforts
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
§ Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
§ Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Somali is required
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail [email protected] with reference to “BHJOB2678_943” in the subject line. Closing date: 31 Dec 2015. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015SEASONAL PROJECTS/COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – Mercy-USA 1 Comment
- 21 Nov 2015Consultant for undertaking the Local Labour Market Survey 1 Comment
- 22 Nov 2015Consultancy for the training on Conflict Mediation and Resolution for districts, villages and the Gurti in Bakool Region 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment