Title: Logistics & Procurement Assistant
Location: Mogadishu Office
Start of Contract & Duration: 15th January 2016, One year
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an independent, non-profit organization (NGO), founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights based approach, to enhance the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. There are 5 main program offices in Somali region, one in Yemen, one in Ethiopia and one in Kenya within the Regional Office in Nairobi. There are also nonoperational region wide initiatives, focusing on advocacy and capacity building, which are supported from the Nairobi regional office. Currently there is over 300 DRC staff in the region.
DRC works alongside the Danish Demining Group (DDG), a specialized unit within the DRC. DDG has operated in Somaliland since 1999 and in South Central Somalia since 2007 clearing mines and other explosive remnants of war. DDG has expanded its programming into armed violence reduction since 2009, working in the wider spheres of community and district safety, small arms control, peace dialogues and support for conflict management in order to ensure maximum impact for the population.
In Somalia, DRC has been implementing humanitarian activities since 2008. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC Somalia assists refugees and migrants from the Horn of Africa and provides emergency assistance and livelihoods support to Somalis who are affected by conflict and drought throughout Somalia. The last 3 years have seen some growth in the Somalia program size and as the result of this, there has been an expansion in support and management functions required by the program offices in order to maintain quality program delivery and measurable accountability.
- Responsible for all the daily Procurement activities in the office
- Ensure every procurement process is in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and donor requirement
- Assist all tasks related to Procurements such as, Planning, processing Analyzing delivery and reporting
- Assist Procurement planning and processing
- . Procurement
- Record daily Procurement tracker to produce comprehensive Procurement report on end month
- Prepare Request for Quotation and Single Quote Documents and despatch to respective suppliers in the procurement process.
- Ensure that bid delivery forms are filled out by respective bidders.
- Evaluate offered prices on the returned Single Quote forms and prepare SQ award for approval
- Prepare temporary and casual contact in consultation with Logs and Procurement Officer.
- Prepare Purchase Order in the Procurement process.
- Prepare Goods Received Note when the Supplies is received.
- Prepare Certificate of Completion when the Service or work is completed.
- Ensure finalized procurement documents are timely scanned and submitted to finance Department for payment
- Ensure proper filling system in the procurement office by organising and updating all procurement files
- Update Procurement Tracking Sheet every day and submit to Logs and procurement officer to review and subsequently circulate to all head of sector and Management.
- Manage fleet management when Logistic Assistant is on leave or absent from work including.
- Ensure appropriate documentation on the Procurements operation as per DRC guidelines
- Ensure good archiving system with Procurements documents
- Manage daily vehicle movement for the Office
- Ensure that all rented vehicles are in good working conditions.
- Prepare monthly fleet monitoring reports
- Ensure that all DRC owned and rented vehicles are using DRC Log sheet record properly
- Ensure that all DRC drivers have valid driving license at all times
- Update general inventory list timely as new assets are procured
- Ensure that all DRC Asset are given unique tagged number
- Conduct periodic physical verification/inspection of the asset in quarterly basis
- Ensure all asset in the inventory list are registered general inventory register and tagged.
- Include asset registration template with the location (responsible person)
- Send inventory report to the Logistics and Procurement Officer in monthly basis
- Maintain warehouse stock list as per DRC Warehouse Management Procedures
- Ensure that all Warehouse documents are in place and approved when receiving or releasing supplies
- Prepare Monthly Warehouse and Admin Store Stock reports
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned by Line Manager Annex 24
- REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS
The logistic and Procurement Assistant will reports to the Logistic and Procurement Officer
Commitments: DRC/DDG has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC/DDG (http://www.DRC/DDG.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Posting details: This position based in Mogadishu
- Bachelor in Business Administration or Purchasing and Supplies. Diploma Level preferable from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply with at least 1-year work experience in relevant field will be considered
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working in NGOs
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to priorities tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Knowledge of humanitarian warehouse management procedures
- has a clear understanding of Inventory and Asset Management and related procedures
- Substantial within carrying out actual procurement
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their motivated applications, including cover letter and CV and send by e-mail to [email protected] before 21st December 2015.
Only Short listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment