Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Primary Reporting Line: Secretary General of Boundaries and Federalism Commission (BFC)
Secondary Reporting Line State Formation and Building Project Team Leader/ Project Officer of UNDP, Somalia/MOIFA DG
Duration 3 months (Renewable subject to performance & funding)
The Provisional Constitution of Somalia envisages the creation of Federal Member States (FMS) that will together constitute the Federal Republic of Somalia. The final boundaries of the FMSs, which must be composed of two or more regions, will eventually be determined by the Federal Parliament on recommendation of the Boundaries and Federalism Commission (BFC). In the process leading to the creation of the FMSs, regions have been merging together to form Interim Regional Administrations (IRAs), in line with the Federal Government of Somalia’s (FGS) “Vision 2016” document. The Boundaries and Federalism Commission (BFC) was endorsed by the cabinet ministers of the Federal Government of Somalia on 07, May, 2015 and approved by the Somali parliament on July 6th, 2015.
In that regard, BFC is looking for young graduates in various disciplines. Students from these disciplines are welcome to apply, and depending on qualifications, shall be selected for fellowship programme that relate either to the organization’s strategic activities or to administrative or technical functions. This young graduate fellowship programme aims to attract and prepare outstanding young people for careers in the ministries and the government
The Graduate will be assigned to the BFC relevant to his/her discipline of study and he/she will report directly to the Secretory General of BFC.
Areas of Fellowship programme include:
· Communication and Journalism
· Business Administration
· Project Management
· Policy Studies
· Political Science
· Local Governance
· Procurement (Logistics/Supply)
· Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties that the intern will be expected to carry out are:
· Conducting research;
· Assist in the preparation of various documentation and reports;
· Assist in the cataloguing of information;
· Assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events;
· Graduates are considered gratis personnel. They are not government officials.
· Graduates may not represent BFC in any official capacity.
The purpose of the young graduate fellowship programme is not to lead to further employment with BFC but to complement a graduate’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of a programme.
Required Skills and Experience
Graduates should have met the following conditions:
· Hold at least the equivalent of the Master’s Degree/above or the Bachelor’s Degree
· Be not more than 30 years
· Be in good health
· Proficiency in English and Somali is required. Fluency in Arabic is an asset;
· Computer literate in standard software applications;
· Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the Government; and
· Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Graduate programme assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of BFC.
The assignments are available on a part-time and full-time basis throughout the year, depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of offices to receive and supervise interns.
BFC is not responsible for any claims by any parties where the loss of or damage to their property, death or personal injury was caused by the actions or omission of action by the interns during their internship.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Young Graduate” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- 14 Nov 2015Psychosocial Counselor – ARC 2 Comments
- 23 Nov 2015Project Management Specialist (Somalia-FFP) – USAID 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational center trainer (midwifery) 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Vocational training center manager 2 Comments
- 14 Nov 2015Parliamentary Strengthening Specialist -SSG 1 Comment
- 14 Nov 2015Head of Office – ACTED 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Behavior Change Coordinator – World Vision 1 Comment
- 23 Nov 2015Pharmacist (1 position)- Somali Aid 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015TRAINING AND BEST PRACTICES FOR NEW ENTREPRENEURS – INTERSOS 1 Comment
- 19 Nov 2015Consultancy on: Vocational training Entrepreneurship Course – INTERSOS 1 Comment