|Post title||Tailoring Instructor (2 positions)|
|Job duration||5 months|
|Location||Alula & Bargal|
|Reporting to||Centre Manager & Program Manager|
|Application deadline||January 31st 2016|
Puntland Youth Peer Network is a groundbreaking and comprehensive youth to youth initiative pioneered by UNFPA; the network was established in September 2009 after 28 Y-peers have been trained as TOTs on 2008. PYPN is a community-based, non-profit making and non-political youth network and also an active member of Global Youth Peer Education Network. This partnership paves the way for experience sharing and enriching the activities of our organization. Puntland Y-peer network intends to promote a healthy life style through peer to peer approach and to empower young people to make responsible decisions.
Puntland Y-peer is currently implementing Economic Empowerment for Youth in Alula and Bargal districts with the help of UNDP; this project provides market oriented vocational skills trainings and micro-grant injections to 140 persons living in Alula and Bargal districts. These 140 (62 men and 78 women) persons are mostly unemployed youth that are vulnerable to criminal activities and recently completed social rehabilitation training that redirected and rehabilitated them to become productive members of their society. The main purpose of the project is to strengthen community resilience against piracy through social rehabilitation, local economic development, job creation and support for entrepreneurs in Alula and Bargal of Puntland.
- Ensuring that all chapters of the course manual delivered to the trainees.
- Teaches and develops design for garment, adapts existing design for garment, or copies existing design for garment.
- Teaches how to alter garment and joins parts, using needle and thread or sewing machine, to form finished garment.
- Teaches how to draw individual pattern or alter existing pattern to fit customer’s measurements.
- Positions pattern of garment parts on fabric, and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Teaching how to measures customer for size, using tape measure and records measurements.
- Teaches how to fit basted garment on customer and marks areas requiring alterations.
- Minimum Diploma certificate in Tailoring
- Minimum two years experience in teaching tailoring
- Proficient communication skills in both Somali and English languages
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work unsupervised and report back to training center manager and the Program Manager regularly on any matters.
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver theory and practical sessions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to vocational instruction and ethical behaviors.
How to apply:
Interested potential candidates can send their CVs, one page of cover letter and their supporting documents to (firstname.lastname@example.org ) before 5:00PM (EAT) January 31st 2016.