|Application Deadline :
|Start Date :
|Duration of Initial Contract :
|6 months renewable ( 3 months probation)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
FCA Finland (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development Co-operation organization and the second biggest organization working in Humanitarians aid. FCA works in more than 30 countries. The organization is committed to build a better world where responsibility is carried jointly, everyone has sufficient income and everyone’s rights are respected. Currently FCA is looking for a qualified, experienced and competent M&E officer in support of the overall programme in Somaliland.
|Under the overall guidance of the Area manager and direct supervision of the M&E manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Projects; assisting the M&E Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the FCA database. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with project team and the implementing partner.
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Provide technical support on M&E data analysis and prepare all required donor and stakeholder data reports, templates and monitor M&E plans based on the project formats and Data Collection Template
· Responsible for the M&E in the project, the collection of consistent and reliable monitoring reports, data and performance indicator data from implementing partner organizations, tracking project performance and track against expected outcomes and indicators
· Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
· Provide feedback to the M&E Manager on projects activities;
· prepare draft monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports on all project activities to the M&E manager;
· Conduct monitoring and evaluation visits of the targeted areas as per the M&E plans.
· Develop partner and staff capacity on M&E, monthly and quarterly reporting and data collection
· Provide technical support to programme section to ensure that monitoring systems are in place and key annual programme indicators are tracked, analyzed and provided
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the M&E Manager in preparing relevant reports;
· Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/Database
· Organize and conduct training on M&E/Database for project and data entry staff
· Responsible for data cleaning and data analysis, data aggregation and periodic review and verification of the data, and reporting of data to internal and external stakeholders, such as to produce descriptive statistics on output and outcome data.
· Conduct data validation exercises, including site visits and document reviews, to ensure that implementers’ reporting is accurate and credible
· Create data presentations, charts, graphs, interactive reports and factsheets from the Data Collection Template.
· Ensure appropriate coordination on data management, database development and database maintenance;
· Perform other duties as required;
|· Demonstrates integrity by modelling FCA values and ethical standards
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of FCA
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
· Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
· Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Knowledge Management and Learning
· In-depth knowledge on Database, M&E and development issues
· Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology:
· Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, ICT or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E and database in development projects Implemented by International NGO or similar
· Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
· Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
· Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software such as SPSS;
· Strong training & facilitation skills.
All applications should be sent to this Email: email@example.com by 10thJanuary, 2016, 6pm local time. Each application package must include the following (in English): cover letter, curriculum vitae and at least 3 referees with complete contact information in one document with the applicant full name, FCA will review only applications that include required information.
Female candidates are highly encouraged
Salary: according to FCA salary grid for National Staff in Somaliland
Contract duration: 6 months (renewable)
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST