International Committee of the Red Cross
Denis Pritt Road
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi
00200 – Kenya
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:
READVERTISEMENT: ECONOMIC SECURITY FIELD OFFICER – GEDO REGION
The field officer is responsible for the management of the Economic Security activities and resources in the areas of assignment. S/he conducts assessments, plans interventions as necessary in consultation with the Economic Security team in Nairobi and implements the activities according to department objectives and agreed plan of action. S/he reports on the progress and achievements of the programme as required.
· Maintain up to date information on the economic security situation in her/his area of assignment and identifies and compiles data on the context: historical, environmental, and political; agro-ecology, livelihoods, markets, nutrition, health, water and sanitation, housing.
· With the guidance of the Economic Security Coordinator, design a primary data collection exercise adapted to context and resources.
· Contribute to the set-up and application of assessment and monitoring systems and to evaluations including: Identification of SMART indicators, draft data collection tools and sampling approaches for quantitative/qualitative surveys, advice on teams composition and logistic and resources arrangements, participate directly in the collection of the data, contribute to data analysis, use a participatory approach in field visits and interactions with communities and other stakeholders (authorities, public and technical services, other agencies etc.), debrief supervisor and enumerator teams and compile their feedback on the data collection exercise.
· Contribute to the response analysis of different Economic Security interventions: Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) analysis, appropriateness and feasibility.
· Provide inputs to the drafting of the ICRC Planning for Results (PfR), including Economic Security objectives.
· Contribute to the design of a project or programme: description of inputs, activities, timeframe, outputs and outcomes, identification of SMART indicators, identification of risks and actions to mitigate the risks.
· Manage the logistics, targeting and implementation of distribution/delivery activities of inputs and services.
· Coach and motivate the ICRC assistants and SRCS volunteers under her/his supervision and ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the Economic Security department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication.
- University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, Animal Production, Veterinary Science or related fields,
- 6 years’ work experience in a similar field,
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Somali,
- Team leadership skills,
- Very good analytical skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment.